1. Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
ViperGas collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to its web site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
3. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
ViperGas collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand customer needs regarding ViperGas’s services;
- to develop and provide the ViperGas website and it’s products and services for it’s customers;
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from ViperGas, its affiliates and third parties;
- to personalise some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted offers from ViperGas and third parties;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the ViperGas website or any ViperGas product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of ViperGas, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the ViperGas website; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning ViperGas’s website, products and services.
ViperGas also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
4. Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
ViperGas limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes and does not direct it’s site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
When you visit the ViperGas web site, a cookie may be placed on your computer or the cookie may be read if you have visited the website previously.
5. Disclosure, Processing and Retention
ViperGas does not sell or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 3, above);
- to ViperGas’s employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on ViperGas’s behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
- as necessary if ViperGas has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with ViperGas’s rights or property, other users of ViperGas’s website, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and;
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that ViperGas or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), ViperGas will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove ViperGas compliance with any applicable law.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information
ViperGas will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing ViperGas about changes to their personal information. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com. ViperGas will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
7. Security Safeguards
ViperGas will use reasonable efforts to protect customers’ personal information.
8. Access to Personal Information
ViperGas will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you request to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If ViperGas is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney–client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting ViperGas or the Privacy Officer as described above.
ViperGas will promptly correct such personal information.